Wednesday, February 6, 2008

C is for . . .

I had a lot of trouble deciding on a C. C, in my world, is often for chocolate. And champagne. (Not to mention the calories that go along with them.) It's also for chai, and cold, and china. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that really, the C that I wanted to show you?

Colgate, where I spent 1991-1995. (Or, as my husband likes to call it, the mythical kingdom of col-ga-tay.)

The "golden nipple" atop the Chapel, visible for miles--always a sure sign that we were getting close to campus.

Torchlight ceremony, the night before graduation. It involves a walk down Cardiac*, the main hill on campus, while wearing academic regalia and carrying a flaming torch. Good times.

Lawrence Hall, home of the English and French departments. Although I rarely use my French anymore, I double-majored: French as well as English.


Lineberry Natatorium, where I spent most of my time as a member of the varsity team, swimming back and forth. It was rarely warm enough to have the roof open, as it's shown here.


Colgate in winter, which lasted for much of the academic year. My birthday is at the end of September; 3 out of 4 years, there were snow flurries for a birthday present.

All of these photos are official Colgate photos (I saved them to my desktop, though--no hotlinking for me!). My pictures of Colgate, although precious to me, are not digital, and I don't have a scanner, so I've borrowed these to show you my C.

*Colgate-ism: you can tell the seniors from the first-years by the size of their calves, due to the number of times that they walk up and down Cardiac each day.

No comments: