Thursday, October 4, 2007

Knit Purl

I took a drive today, out to Sudbury MA, to visit Knit Purl (730 Boston Post Rd--no website yet!). It's a very nice store--well lit, and the owner was friendly. She let me wander around on my own but was chatty about the yarn I bought, and offered to order something I inquired about but that they were out of. There's a table for sitting and knitting, and while I was there there were four women working on projects and chatting about politics. All-in-all, a welcoming store.

I bought some sock yarn:
Colinette Jitter Bug in Monet--nice and squishy, although a little short on yardage (about 318). I don't think that will be much of an issue--I had some leftovers from my STR socks; I'll weight it eventually and figure out how much yarn each sock took.

I also finished the Melon scarf, and it's blocking:

Unblocked it was about 52" x 18"; blocked it's about 70" x 24", and I didn't stretch it very hard.
My Socks that Rock socks are done, as well:
Which puts me well on my way to accomplishing my October goals!

No comments: