Sunday, July 27, 2008

100

I've put off this post for a while, because it's my 100th post. And for some reason, I think that breaking into three digits should have a post that's in some way . . . extraordinary.

But I got nothin', so I'm going with a normal FO kind of post. Except--yipee! 100.

There has been some finishing:

The more-titling-than-waving socks, based on the Waving Lace pattern from IK's Favorite Socks, complete with my own incorporated screw up that we're calling a design element. US size 1.5 needles, from Knit Picks, magic looped. The yarn is a very yummy Sundara sock yarn in Electric Pear, which I scored on the Ravelry ISO/Destash forum.

Overall, this was a pretty easy knit. I like the mods I made, albeit unintentionally, but if I were to do it again, I'd either go down a needle size, or stick with the original patter--these are a little loose.

And a second FO: Meet Ollie.



Ollie is a super cute elephant, made using Susan Anderson's free Elefante pattern (scroll down; it's on the sidebar). I love this pattern--I'm very happy with the way it came out. He was a very big hit at the baby shower I made him for.

This was my first real attempt at crochet, so the ears took me much longer than I think they should have, but since they're adorable, I"m not going to complain. Next time it won't take nearly as long--and there will definitely be a next time. Maybe soon. Maybe nephew #2 needs an elefante. Maybe in green.

This is my favorite shot of him, looking all shy and adorable:

No comments: