Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I fought the law (and the law won)

The law in question? Gravity. Our dispute regarded the speed with which I was descending the stairs--too slow, it seems, for gravity's liking, and so gravity gave me a bit of a push.

My ankle didn't like that much at all, though. I've always sort of thought that it might be nice to be laid up with something like a twisted ankle--too swollen to put any weight on, but not much pain, as long as I stay put--which would allow me to sit and knit all day with no guilt.

Of course, I managed to do this while at my MIL's, just before we left for my parents'. We were down in NJ for a nephew christening, and so rather than having a lovely peaceful knitting day? I had to hop around on one foot, or sit in the car.

I did get a little knitting done--I'm on the 31st repeat of Madli's shawl (no picture, as it looks exactly the same as it did last time, only longer), and I've turned the heel on my second sock.

The christening was lovely, though, and my older nephew (he's 4) found my hopping hilariously entertaining.

No comments: