- I finally (finally!) finished my dissertation and managed to graduate.
- As a result, I am now gainfully employed full-time. With dental, even!
- And I'm teaching a course on Jane Austen this summer, also as a result.
- G got several excellent grants which enable him to do his dissertation research (see, also, "The Bad").
- I have a new nephew, who is fat and funny and smiley and completely adorable.
- Nephew-the-elder is also funny and smiley and completely adorable, albeit in a much skinnier fashion.
- Nephew-the-elder continues his love of hand-knit socks.
- My friends and family enjoy (mostly) good health and happiness.
- There has been lots of knitting.
- I got to go to Poland where I fed the birds (and squirrels) and see the salt mine.
- G's grants required him to spend the fall semester in Poland.
- Miscarriage #3, right before said trip to Poland.
- Too much time apart from G, which makes me sort of blah about everything.
On the knitting front, this year I finished:
- 1 sweater (Ramona)
- 6 pairs of socks (4 of them for nephew-the-elder)
- 1 baby blanket
- 1 pair of Fetchings
- 1 cowl
- 2 hats
- 3 Elefantes
- 8 lace projects, including my favorite: Madli's Shawl
We had a bit of a snow storm today, so our New Year's Eve plans are lots of hors d'oevres from Trader Joe's, along with a couple of movies--I'm thinking Iron Man to start. Of course, that's our plan every New Year's Eve, so the storm really didn't change much. :)
Happy New Year's to everyone--I hope 2009 will be a wonderful year for everyone.