Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two Steps Forward (One Step Back)

Two steps forward: Basic socks with a 3x1 ribbing, in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock (Georgetown colorway, which has more aqua/green than this photo shows). Size 1.5 needles, magic loop. For my bff L--I'll pop them in the mail to her soon.


One step back: In November, I started a pair of Waving Lace socks, from IK's Favorite Socks book. I finished the leg on one sock, put them down, and didn't pick them back up again until yesterday, at which point I couldn't quite figure out where I'd left off (for some reason, I'd stopped in the middle of a repeat, rather than at the end of one). I also couldn't get quite the same gauge.

So I've ripped them out and will restart them again, maybe on Saturday for the Summer of Lace. I like the way this pattern looks with this yarn (Sundara Sock yarn, Electric Pear colorway), though, so no change there. Just a fresh start.

No comments: