Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Knit. Rip. Repeat.

The border for the large rectangle looks like this:


Non-existent.

So far, I've knit three repeats of the called-for border and realized that I won't have enough yarn to finish.

Rip.

I decided instead on the willow border from the myrtle leaf shawl--only a 12-stitch repeat. But as-written, it starts on the other side of the center panel, so I thought I would flip the pattern.

It took several tries to get the pattern down and the tension right. Except by flipping the pattern, I'm purling the border to the center, which makes for a wonky join.

Rip.

Rip.

Rip.

Rip.

I've restarted the border on other side, using the pattern as-written. But my tension's off.

Rip.

And I still need to do the knitting math to make sure that I have enough yarn to make it all the way around the shawl.

No comments: